Current Status: Not Available Introducing babies to the water
Aimed at children from 0 (following 6 week check up) to 18 months old these lessons follow the Swim England Discovery Duckling Awards. The Discovery Duckling Awards are the start of the learn to swim experience for all children. These awards are perfect for babies and toddlers and pre-school children who are new to swimming lessons.
The session is half an hour and is available during school term time only - see our timetable for dates and times. These sessions must be pre-booked and pre-payed. All NEW starters to our learn to swim programme receive a FREE Settle Pool Swim bag with an information pack on the lessons and the pool in general.
For further details and how to book a place please see the booking information link below.
Things to remember when bringing your Baby for swimming lessons.
1. If you are a new customer to our Learn to Swim Programme, have you completed an Application Form (download given below) and submitted it to our Swimming Coordinator who will allocate you an available day/time?
2. Have you pre-booked and pre-paid for your lessons (6 × 30 mins which includes entering and exiting the building)?
3. Have you completed a Health Survey (ParQ) and kept us up to date of any changes?
4. Arrive "beach ready", no more than 10 minutes prior to the lesson, with suitable clothing to pop on in order to limit the time in the changing rooms which will help us keep you SAFE.
5. You will need to have a shower before and after your swim but you will need to make it quick!
6. Have you read and understood the "Booking Information" given below? This is especially important whilst we operate during the current COVID 19 Pandemic.
Finally, don't worry! Our teachers can't wait to welcome the kids back in the pool for some watery FUN!
Come with a big smile and we will sort the rest.
Swimming with babies after birth
Babies can be taken swimming immediately after giving birth. The NHS advises that babies can be taken swimming at any age, and there’s no need to wait until your newborn has had their first immunisations.
Although your baby is safe to swim, to avoid infection, mum should wait until around 6 weeks or 7 days after vaginal bleeding after birth stops. If you do want to take your baby swimming beforehand, it’s the perfect opportunity for dad or other family members to bond with your little one.