Current Status: Available Water Safety for Swim England Stage 5 Children
Royal Life Saving Society Rookie Lifeguard Programme delivers water safety skills for swimmers who can safely swim 100m. Teaches survival, first aid and life support. Available during school term times - please see our timetable for dates and times of sessions.
All places must be pre-paid and pre-booked. The course is suitable for children who have passed Stage 5 of the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme or equivalent.
Things to remember when your child comes to Rookie Lifeguard Sessions.
1. If you are a new customer to our Rookie Lifeguard Programme, have you completed an Application Form (download given below) and submitted it to our Swimming Coordinator who will allocate you an available day/time?
2. Have you pre-booked and pre-paid for your lessons (time includes entering and exiting the building)?
3. Have you completed a Health Survey (ParQ) and kept us up to date of any changes?
4. Arrive "beach ready", no more than 10 minutes prior to the session, with suitable clothing to pop on in order to limit the time in the changing rooms which will help us keep you SAFE.
5. You will need to have a shower before and after your swim but you will need to make it quick!
6. Have you read and understood the "Booking Information" given below? This is especially important whilst we operate during the current COVID 19 Pandemic.
Finally, don't worry! Our teachers can't wait to welcome the kids back in the pool for some watery FUN!